Wednesday, January 27, 2010

From Joan Martin

I called American Airlines today, Jan. 26, to see if I could confirm my reservation to return to PAP on Feb.1-2, and the woman told me they have changed their program. The first flight to PAP in now scheduled for Feb. 19---one flight from Miami to PAP, one flight from Ft. Lauderdale to PAP. They are planning to add a second flight from each location on March 2.

I received an email from the sisters in PdPaix where I live. They are still "sleeping" in the one story school room, and the ground was shaking all of last night. Most of the PdP schools are closed. I think Fonkoze PdP is open, but I am not sure they have money for their clients.

There are many, many refugees everywhere---even in the mountain parish of Gaspard and the far west parishes of Bombard and Mole St. Nicolas.

The Haitian Bishops are meeting in PAP to try to decide what to do now.

For those of you visits planned to your sister parishes, I guess we will see what happens.

Joan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fonkoze PAP is open. the only two major branches which are closed are Leogane and Bizoton. Both are so badly damaged that it will take some time to bring them back online.


James Kurz
Fonkoze